“Grace to you and peace from God our father and the Lord Jesus Christ” (Philemon 3).
Grace and peace. These two simple, yet dynamic words have been used as a Christian greeting from ancient times. And with grace and peace I greet you on behalf of the Lafayette Church of Christ. Whether you are in St. Louis to see the Cardinals, the Blues, the Zoo, one of the many museums, or you are moving to the St. Louis area, I hope you will consider these pages your invitation to connect with God’s family at Lafayette.
Whether you are searching for God or God’s family, please let us know if there are specific ways we can help. If you are looking for a church away from home with whom you can visit one Sunday, we invite you to come to one of our gatherings. If you are searching for a church home where you can settle down and experience genuine community, we invite you to join us on the journey of discipleship.
We meet Sundays at 9:00am for worship with Bible classes following. For more information about gathering times, click here.
May God’s grace and peace be yours in abundance!
Lafayette Church of Christ
115 New Ballwin Road
Ballwin, MO 63017
Here’s a reminder of our special Thanksgiving holiday schedule —
Thanksgiving Holiday Schedule
Wednesday, November 16 — Table Talk from 5:45-7:15pm (no classes)
Wednesday, November 23 — No activities on campus
Sunday, November 27 — Kyle Johnson preaches, no classes
Tonight at Lafayette we will enjoy Table Talk from 5:45-7:15. As you arrive you will be seated by our hostess, Cindy Fields, at the table of her choosing (you can sit with your spouse if you need to). Cindy will be seating us at intergenerational tables. After we enjoy a meal of hamburgers, hotdogs, and fixin’s, we will have our intergenerational Table Talk with a Thanksgiving theme. Hope you can join us tonight. We will not be having our regular Wednesday programming tonight.
Tonight at Lafayette the adult class will meet in the fellowship hall at 7:00pm for Beside Still Waters, an exercise with Psalm 23.
Come prepared (with a pen) to listen and reflect.
As promised, tickets and details are now available for our much anticipated “Equipping the Missional Church” seminar with Dr. Sara Blakeslee Salkil!
All you need to do, regardless of whether you are ready to commit, is click this link: https://goo.gl/RSvHY2. Important details, including an introduction to Dr. Salkil and the schedule for the day, are available through that Eventbrite link. When you are ready to purchase tickets, click the green “Tickets” tab and follow the remaining instructions.
We are so excited for this opportunity and the way God will be working through this seminar.
5 things you need to know about Sunday’s gathering
- We will gather for worship and a picnic at Wildwood Community Park. The gathering will begin at 10:00am, but you can arrive early for coffee and conversation. We will not be meeting at the Lafayette campus on Sunday, September 11.
- Fried chicken, water, and lemonade will be provided. Please bring a side dish to share with everyone.
- The park has picnic tables that will seat 80-100 people, so those who have lawn chairs are encouraged to bring them. Also, if you have a little one you may want to bring your pack-n-play.
- The park is ADA approved, so it is accessible to those with walkers and wheelchairs. Also, there is a great playground for the kids and a creek that runs nearby. Parents, please watch your children to insure they have the most fun possible!
- Parking is limited, so we ask you not only to limit the number of cars per family, but also consider carpooling with another family if you can.
Need more information? Contact Kevin or Cindy Fields or Jim or Kathy Zeller.
How do we get to Wildwood Community Park?
First, you need to know…
- Do not rely on your GPS. The park is that new.
- Do not look for a big Wildwood Community Park sign. There’s not one.
Second, here are the simplest instructions starting from Lafayette campus.
- Go west on Manchester Road.
- Slow down as you approach and pass the 109/Eatherton Road exit.
- Immediately after you go under 109/Eatheron Road you will turn right at the first driveway opening.
- You will see a sign that says, “Pond Road Next Intersection.” The driveway to the park is just past that sign.
- We will have a small Lafayette sign and some blue balloons marking the driveway.
Third, call if you have trouble.
- Bob Clark will have his cell phone on.