“Grace to you and peace from God our father and the Lord Jesus Christ” (Philemon 3).
Grace and peace. These two simple, yet dynamic words have been used as a Christian greeting from ancient times. And with grace and peace I greet you on behalf of the Lafayette Church of Christ. Whether you are in St. Louis to see the Cardinals, the Blues, the Zoo, one of the many museums, or you are moving to the St. Louis area, I hope you will consider these pages your invitation to connect with God’s family at Lafayette.
Whether you are searching for God or God’s family, please let us know if there are specific ways we can help. If you are looking for a church away from home with whom you can visit one Sunday, we invite you to come to one of our gatherings. If you are searching for a church home where you can settle down and experience genuine community, we invite you to join us on the journey of discipleship.
We meet Sundays at 9:00am for worship with Bible classes following. For more information about gathering times, click here.
May God’s grace and peace be yours in abundance!
Lafayette Church of Christ
115 New Ballwin Road
Ballwin, MO 63017
5 things you need to know about Sunday’s gathering
- We will gather for worship and a picnic at Wildwood Community Park. The gathering will begin at 10:00am, but you can arrive early for coffee and conversation. We will not be meeting at the Lafayette campus on Sunday, September 11.
- Fried chicken, water, and lemonade will be provided. Please bring a side dish to share with everyone.
- The park has picnic tables that will seat 80-100 people, so those who have lawn chairs are encouraged to bring them. Also, if you have a little one you may want to bring your pack-n-play.
- The park is ADA approved, so it is accessible to those with walkers and wheelchairs. Also, there is a great playground for the kids and a creek that runs nearby. Parents, please watch your children to insure they have the most fun possible!
- Parking is limited, so we ask you not only to limit the number of cars per family, but also consider carpooling with another family if you can.
Need more information? Contact Kevin or Cindy Fields or Jim or Kathy Zeller.
How do we get to Wildwood Community Park?
First, you need to know…
- Do not rely on your GPS. The park is that new.
- Do not look for a big Wildwood Community Park sign. There’s not one.
Second, here are the simplest instructions starting from Lafayette campus.
- Go west on Manchester Road.
- Slow down as you approach and pass the 109/Eatherton Road exit.
- Immediately after you go under 109/Eatheron Road you will turn right at the first driveway opening.
- You will see a sign that says, “Pond Road Next Intersection.” The driveway to the park is just past that sign.
- We will have a small Lafayette sign and some blue balloons marking the driveway.
Third, call if you have trouble.
- Bob Clark will have his cell phone on.
Session two of the five-session class for adults begins tonight at 7:00pm. Bedrock will explore five essentials of God’s story with humans.
What are the essentials of the story of God and people? What passages provide the best resources for telling the story in a concise way?
A new five-session class for adults begins tonight at 7:00pm. Bedrock will explore five essentials of God’s story with humans.
If you had to choose just five passages of scripture to teach a person the basics of the Christian faith, which five passages would you choose?
We gathered. We scattered. And now, here we are right in the middle of the week.
What’s in store tonight at Lafayette?
The teens will meet at the EPICenter. There will be worship. There will be encouragement. There will be joy.
The children will meet in their classes for a time of fun interaction and Bible teaching with some caring teachers.
The adults will gather in the fellowship hall for an unforgettable testimony on video (seriously, it’s unforgettable) followed by a conversation about some solid reasons to stop being judgmental and be a person of grace.
It all begins at 7:00pm.
Due to widespread power outage (including the building) & severe storms all activities at Lafayette Church have been cancelled for tonight.
Our neighbor, Decorative Concrete, is resurfacing the sidewalks in front of our main entrances. Today their work was interrupted by the rain. Instead of having them take down the door coverings, we are asking everyone coming to adult and children’s Bible classes this evening to use the south entrance; aka, the Lafayette Christian Preschool entrance.
The adult class will continue the Becoming People of Grace conversation, with a couple of brief video clips, a reading from Jesus, and a prayer of confession.
What a joy it was for our church family as Malachi Brown preached a sermon from Micah today. Thanks, Malachi!
How did we pack 10,704 meals in a little over an hour? Why do you think this photo of Kara, Amber, Kim, and Kathy is blurry?!?
Malachi Brown preaches in our gathering today.
After our gathering, SummerJAM wraps with another Bible lesson in word and action followed by lunch and snow cones.
What a weekend!