Relationship building plays an important role in being spiritually formed. At Lafayette we realize how important it is to love God and people. Often our love for God is demonstrated best in our love for people. Here are a few of the ways in which Lafayette encourages relationship building.
- Each fall we look forward to enjoying a day of worship in the park. After our time of worship that features table talk during the communion meal, we enjoy a meal, games, and table conversation.
- Table Talk is an intergenerational relationship building opportunity that involves enjoying a meal at an intergenerational table of people followed by a guided after-dinner conversation.
- For the last several years we have enjoyed a Saturday afternoon pig roast or shrimp boil that have featured musical performances by talented Lafayette members.
- From time to time Lafayette has other special community building opportunities like pot-luck meals, holiday parties, cook-outs, nights around the fire-pit, and special Wednesday night meals.
- A highlight of our summer months for several years has been our float trips on the Meramec RIver. Trips are being planned for June, July, and August. Exact dates and times will be announced as the weather and river conditions can be determined.