Relationship building plays an important role in being spiritually formed. At Lafayette we realize how important it is to love God and people. Often our love for God is demonstrated best in our love for people. Here are a few of the ways in which Lafayette encourages relationship building.
- Small Group ministry is important to us at Lafayette. In recent years we have had Connect Groups to encourage us to get better acquainted with people we might not have known before, Growth Groups to encourage practices that shape us into the likeness of Jesus, and Connect Meals to enjoy sharing a meal with randomly chosen families.
- SERVE Groups, designed to provide opportunities to serve the church and the community, will be the small group ministry in the Spring of 2017.
- Table Talk is an intergenerational relationship building opportunity that involves enjoying a meal at an intergenerational table of people followed by a guided after-dinner conversation.Table Talks are planned on two Wednesday nights in 2017 — April 26 and October 11.
- For the last couple of years we have enjoyed a Saturday afternoon pig roast. We are planning another great Saturday event this year. It could be a pig roast, or who knows, it just might be a shrimp boil. Stay tuned for details.
- From time to time Lafayette has other special community building opportunities like pot-luck meals, holiday parties, cook-outs, and progressive dinners.
- A highlight of our summer months the last couple of years has been our float trips on the Meramec RIver. Trips are being planned for June, July, and August. Exact dates and times will be announced as the weather and river conditions can be determined.