Relationship building plays an important role in being spiritually formed. At Lafayette we realize how important it is to love God and people. Often our love for God is demonstrated best in our love for people. Here are a few of the ways in which Lafayette encourages relationship building.
- Small Group ministry is important to us at Lafayette. In recent years we have had Connect Groups to encourage us to get better acquainted with people we might not have known before and Growth Groups to encourage practices that shape us into the likeness of Jesus.
- Connect Meals are our current Small Groups. Families (singles, couples and larger families) are randomly matched up to share a meal.
- Cook’s Night Out is a monthly Wednesday evening dinner for all who gather with us for Wednesday Bible study and teenEPIC. The meals are always simple (for example, tacos, taco salad, pizza, bbq, or burgers), inexpensive (just $3 per person), and delicious! But even better is the opportunity for conversation provided by this time together at the table.
- From time to time Lafayette has other special community building opportunities like pot-luck meals, holiday parties, cook-outs, and progressive dinners.
- The Women’s Ministry Holiday Party raised funds for the St. Louis Crisis Nursery.