Online worship gathering
- Save this email and click on the above link.
- The gathering will begin at 10:00am and end about 11:15am.
- You can enter as early as 9:30am and listen to music in the waiting room.
- You do not have to have a Zoom account.
- You will have opportunity to have your computer webcam on or off, that being said, having your webcam on will give us a sense of being together that we do not have when cameras are off.
If you do not have a computer, tablet, or smart phone you can still be a part of the gathering. You can “call in” to join the meeting and listen over your phone. Just call 312-626-6799. When asked for the meeting ID, enter 482 638 780# and when asked for personal ID, enter #.
Need help getting connected?
- Join the meeting early so there is time to troubleshoot, if necessary.
- Helpers will be standing by to troubleshoot and help you join — call Herb Crown or Ethan Laster.
Prepare your heart for Sunday
Here we go! This is week four of Easter, or put another way, the fourth week we have set aside to explore the resurrected Jesus and what he means in our everyday lives.
I encourage you to prepare your heart for Table and Word this week. Our time in the word will be based on Psalm 23
and John 10:1-21
. Kyle Johnson will be preaching the message: The Good Shepherd.
Our time at the table will be based on Mark 6:30-44
. Our worship in giving of our first fruits will be rooted in Philippians 4:15-20
. I want to encourage you to read these texts that will be the foundation of our time together.
The links will take you to a Bible Gateway page that enables you to read the texts in the five versions I read on a regular basis: The New International Version, The New Revised Standard Version, The Common English Bible, The New Living Translation, and The Message.
Kyle writes regarding his sermon for Sunday: “I am the gate for the sheep.” “I am the good shepherd.” In a parable originally meant to challenge the Pharisees, Jesus offers some fascinating and uplifting images concerning who he is and who we are in relation to him. Read John 10:1-21 to prepare.
This entry was posted in Worship
. Bookmark the permalink