- Save this email and click on the above link.
- The gathering will begin at 10:00am and end about 11:15am.
- You can enter as early as 9:30am and listen to music in the waiting room.
- You do not have to have a Zoom account.
- You will have opportunity to have your computer webcam on or off, that being said, having your webcam on will give us a sense of being together that we do not have when cameras are off.
If you do not have a computer, tablet, or smart phone you can still be a part of the gathering. You can “call in” to join the meeting and listen over your phone. Just call 312-626-6799. When asked for the meeting ID, enter 482 638 780# and when asked for personal ID, enter #.
Need help getting connected?
- Join the meeting early so there is time to troubleshoot, if necessary.
- Helpers will be standing by to troubleshoot and help you join — call Herb Crown or Ethan Laster.
Often our portrayals of that first Resurrection Sunday (Easter as it is known around the world now) are so narrow that we miss the bigger picture that is unfolding.
As I have mentioned for the last several years, in the lectionary (a systematic reading plan of the Bible) Easter is a season of several weeks, not a single day.
That being said, we have a very special Sunday planned for Lafayette this Sunday, complete with a couple of surprises. After all, the original resurrection Sunday was all about surprises!
And, of course, not a surprise, we will have Table and Word!
So to prepare your heart for our gathering, I want to encourage you to read the texts that will be the foundation of our time together.
- Psalm 148
- John 20:1-29
- Luke 24:13-35
- Colossians 3:1-4
- Psalm 118:22-24
This may be the most “Eastery” Easter ever. I cannot think of a more appropriate way for us to remember and celebrate the resurrection than the setting in which we will gather this year for Easter Sunday, in fact, my sermon is entitled, Revisiting That First Resurrection Sunday.
I look forward to sharing this special time with you Sunday.